Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Relay Story - A Preview

I realize that it has been more than one week since my last posting, and I want to assure you that I have neither disappeared from the face of the earth, nor have I decided that this running thing wasn't such a good idea after all. Rather, I have been hard at work on behalf of you all (atleast this is what I want you to believe), writing up an account of the relay I participated in, a couple weekends ago. The thing is, that account is turning into quite a novel. If you thought my other posts were long - well, brace yourself. So what I ve decided is to break it up into multiple (3, maybe 4) episodes, which will be released over the span of the next week or so.

In a nutshell, the relay was quite a trip. I had a fantastic time. Can't all be categorized as "fun" - but it certainly was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I lucked out - I ended up with a really good group of people. Folks who were good, solid runners, but not obsessed about every single detail. As a team, our goal was to have a good time, and we didn't really worry about racing all that much. Despite the lack of sleep, cramped van-space, etc., a cheery attitude and good humor carried us through and made it a nice trip.

Episode 1 is out today for your reading pleasure. Enjoy, and send those comments/brickbats.

No comments: