Thursday, September 22, 2005

Why a running blog?

here's a top-10 list:
10. Got too much free time, i guess
9. Everyone else is writing a running blog, why shouldn't I?
8. to explore the blogosphere and its potential, from the inside, not just from the outside
7. to maintain a journal of my running regimen and make everyone else that's not running seem crazy
6. the fascinating psyche (read - craziness) of runners i know of, and the running community
5. to hear myself out loud. read my thoughts. over and over. (i m a narcissist)
4. to be even more engulfed with "running this, running that, blah, blah...
3. to get more energy, support and drive, from y'all in the process of running my first marathon!
2. to raise funds to support the cause of my cousin, who is fighting Leukemia (more on this soon)
1. to be really cool

got anymore reasons in your head as to why I should be writing (or NOT writing?) lemme know. leave me a comment.

3 comments:

Bharani Ashokan said...

Maama,
You are beginning to sound scary. After the last conversation that I had with you, and now this post - I think you need to see a shrink. Actually, it seems like I am sorrounded by narcissists now (visit http://www.sivaa.com/narcissism.htm to learn more about this)

BTW - Can I publish such replies or does it have to be on the topic? It's your blog still, so (unfortunately) you get to lay down the rules.

ramkum said...

woohoo! my first comment. someone is actualy reading this thing!

well, if you think I m crazy, you should go read Martin's Marathon. Martin, my colleague joined a marathon training program two months ago, and he'd NEVER EVER run before! And he's got various physical reasons that make it esp. hard for him to run.. yet he is on it. Compared to that, I have it made, dude.. Oh and btw I was warned that people would think I was crazy - but the whole purpose of this blog is to try and make me seem normal, and you seem crazy! we'll see how that goes.

reg. blog postings - sure, everything - on-topic, off-topic is allowed - in short, anything fit for public consumption. You got that right though - I am the master of this domain, and I'll feel free to censor comments as I see fit! ;)(cue filmi-villan style laughter)

Anonymous said...

Ram, I thought you started to run so you could have your own blog!